1,860 calories per loaf or 230 calories per roll
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 4 1/2 hours
1 cup fed sourdough starter
1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 teaspoons yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
6 ounces brie
5 cups high gluten flour
1. In a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, combine the lukewarm water, yeast, and a pinch of sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Cut the brie into small pieces and set aside.
3. In your stand mixer bowl, combine the fed sourdough starter, flour, spices, and brie.
4. Pour in the yeast mixture and "stir" until a shaggy dough forms.
5. Increase the stand mixer speed to 2 and knead until a smooth and cohesive dough forms.
6. Turn the dough out onto your counter top, knead by hand a few turns, and shape into a ball.
7. Place the ball in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
8. Turn the dough out onto your counter top, deflate, and shape.
9. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until very puffy, about 90 minutes.
10. With about 30 minutes left in the final proof, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
11. Brush the loaves with an egg wash and score.
12. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. For the boule, I baked it covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for about 10 more minutes. The boule took a bit longer because I split the dough in step 8, I used half for the boule and the other half for the loaf and rolls.
Original recipe found here.