This recipe delivers a deliciously soft cookie that isn't too sweet and perfectly balances the textures of cake and chewy cookies. With 3 cups of carrots you're getting a super serving of beta carotene!
Yield: 24 cookies
140 calories per cookie
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
5 large carrots
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1½ cup oats
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
2. Using your food processor, shred the carrots, and set aside.
3. In your stand mixer bowl, with the whisk attached, cream the butter, egg yolks, and sugar.
4. Add the flour, salt, and nutmeg to the stand mixer bowl, and "stir" until well-blended, about 1 minute.
5. Replace the whisk with the paddle attachment, add the carrots and oats to the stand mixer bowl, and "stir" until well blended, about 2 minutes.
6. Using a tablespoon, scoop heaping portions onto the lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. (This equals out to about 2 tablespoons per cookie.)
7. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
Original recipe found here.