Yield: One 9 inch cake round
1,550 calories per round, without frosting
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
(Listed below are the measurements to make two 9 inch cake rounds or one 13 by 9 in pan. I halved the recipe.)
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 inch cake round.
3. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add eggs, coffee, almond milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir well to blend.
5. Add in the cocoa powder, stirring well to combine. The batter will be thin.
6. Pour the batter into pan.
7. Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes, and then remove the cake from the pan to cool.
9. Frost as desired. I had some cream cheese frosting left over from a set of cupcakes I made for Extra-Ordinary Birthdays, so used that.
The cupcakes from the Extra-Ordinary Birthday celebration.
Original recipe found here.