Yield: 2 cups
100 calories per tablespoon
Active time: 3 minutes
Total time: 13 minutes
2 cups almonds
2 cups roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1. Combine the nuts in your food processor.
2. Pulse the food processor until the nuts begin to separate.
3. Process, on high, until the nuts become very mealy and somewhat oily. You'll need to scrape down the bowl to ensure the nuts are being ground.
4. Add in the coconut oil and process, on high, until a paste/consistency of your liking develops.
- Use your favorite nuts. I've also made nut butter with nut blends that included cashews and pistachios. The texture was a bit more creamy and the nut butter had a richer taste.
- Use a different oil, or skip it all together. It will just take your nut butter a bit longer to transform from dry to creamy.