Yield: 1 loaf
2,550 calories per loaf
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 320 minutes
1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 teaspoons yeast
2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
4 cups high gluten flour
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1. In a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, combine the lukewarm water, yeast, and a pinch of sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In your stand mixer bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour in the yeast mixture and "stir", with the dough hook attached, until a shaggy dough forms.
4. Increase the speed to 2 and knead until a smooth and cohesive dough forms, about 5 minutes. The dough should not be sticky. If it is, add a little more flour.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
6. Shape the dough into a loaf, place into a parchment lined loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to double in bulk, about 2 hours.
Original recipes found here and here.