Yield: One 9 inch cake
185 calories per slice, if cut into 12 slices
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup rice milk
2 cups blueberries
1 ounce almonds, crushed (see step 1 of “no knead almond bread” for tips on crushing whole almonds)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and which until well incorporated.
4. Add in the all the remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries, and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
5. Add in the blueberries and stir just to incorporate, about 30 seconds.
6. Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
7. Cool for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. See step 12 of “coconut chocolate chip monkey bread” for tips on turning out a cake.Original recipe found here.