the prudent tart
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." Julia Child
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Yield: 1 loaf
2,250 calories per loaf
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: Overnight proof required, about 21 hours
1 cup lukewarm water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons yeast
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup sesame seeds
the day before
all of the poolish ingredients, kneading to form a cohesive dough.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest at room temperature for 12 to 16 hours.
the day of:
In a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, combine the lukewarm water, yeast, and a pinch of sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4. In your stand mixer bowl, combine the polish and remaining dough ingredients.
5. Pour in the yeast mixture and “stir”, with the dough hook attached, until a shaggy dough forms.
6. Increase the stand mixer speed to 2 and knead until a smooth and cohesive dough forms, about 5 minutes.
7. Shape the dough into a ball, place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to rise until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
8. Turn the dough out onto your counter top and shape into a loaf, place in a parchment lined pan, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to double in bulk, about 2 hours.
9. With about 30 minutes left in the final proof, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
10. Brush the loaf with an egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Original recipe found
the prudent tart
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)