Yield: 52 small cookies
80 calories per cookie
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
2¾ cups oats
1 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup oat bran
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes on high using the whisk attachment of your stand mixer or hand mixer.
3. Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips. With the paddle attachment, "stir" until incorporated, about 1 minute.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and "stir" until combined, about 30 seconds.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop a portion of dough out of the bowl, roll into a ball, and place it onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Original recipe found here.