Yield: 16 cupcakes
260 calories per cupcake
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 box white cake mix (Or, you can make the cake from scratch.)
1 can frosting (Or, you can make the frosting from scratch.)
3 egg whites
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
3. Using your hand mixer, beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
4. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour the batter into the lined wells.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Remove the cupcakes from the muffin tin to cool.
7. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes and cover with sprinkles, if desired. See step 6 of "chocolate bundt cake" for piping tips.
Original recipe found here.