Yield: 12 medium buns
170 calories per bun
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: Overnight proof required, about 20 hours
the day before:
the day of:
5. Pour in the yeast mixture, continuing to “stir” until a shaggy dough forms.
6. Increase the stand mixer speed to 2, and knead until a smooth and cohesive dough forms, about 5 minutes.
7. Turn the dough out into your counter top, knead by hand a few turns, and place into a lightly greased bowl.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the rise for three hours, gently deflating it after 1 hour, and again after 2 hours.
Punch down #1 (after 1 hours)
Punch down #2 (after 2 hours)
After 3 hours
11. Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge and refrigerate for 3 hours.
See step 13 of "spicy black bean bread" for more on testing for doneness.Original recipe found here.