Yield: 3 dozen cookies, if using 1 rounded tablespoon portions
115 calories per cookies
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
1 large avocado
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1½ cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups quinoa flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1½ cups instant oats (what, oats are gluten free?!?)
1½ cups chocolate chips
1. Cut the avocado in half, scoop the fruit into your stand mixer bowl, and add the butter and brown sugar.
2. Cream with the whisk attachment until fluffy, about 3 minutes. See step 9 of “oreo cupcakes” for more on creaming butter.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder, continuing to mix until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
5. Add the chocolate chips and oats, mixing until combined, about 15 seconds. Do not over beat the batter, as this will lead to flat cookies.
6. Scrape down the bowl, if needed, and place the dough in the fridge to chill for one hour.
7. With about 15 minutes left in the chill, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
8. Scoop the dough, by the tablespoon, and drop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Additional resources on testing for cookie doneness can be found here.
Original recipe found here.