Yield: 12 popovers
85 calories per popover
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1¼ cups almond milk, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon butter, melted at room temperature
3 ounces blue cheese, well crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper.
4. In a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, and butter.
5. Combine the milk mixture with the dry ingredients and whisk well blended, about 30 seconds.
6. Pour the batter, by the ¼ cup full, into the muffin cups.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Resist the urge to open the oven door as this may cause the popovers to fall.
9. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees, continuing to bake until brown and puffy, about 10 minutes.
Want a higher popover? Consider procuring a popover pan, as the longer well and spacing encourage height.
Original recipe found here.