This decadent cake is easy to make, but sinfully delish. And since you've probably been running here and there finishing your Thanksgiving errands, have second slice. You deserve it. :)
Yield: One cake
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
240 calories per serving, if cut into 16 pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cup rice milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1½ cups hot coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In your stand mixer bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the coffee.
3. Mix on a speed of 2 or 3 until very well combined. The batter will be VERY thick.
4. Pour the batter into a well-greased cake pan (or 9 by 13 baking dish), making sure the batter is evenly distributed, and then pour the coffee over the batter
5. Bake until the cake is set and bubbly around the bottom, about 40 minutes.
6. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving to allow the sauce to settle.